WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Saturday 16 October 2010

I wonder if you know these words?
'Love is a proud and gentle thing, a better thing to own
than all the wide impossible stars'....
More than a quarter of a century has passed since I first read them as a quotation; the author wasn't given.
I have never forgotten them.
Love gives a golden warmth to life, and it is not only a blessed thing to receive but to give......
There is never too much love in the world.

I have had a visit from dearest son and daughter-in-law today. Always a pleasure to see them. They are off to France again tomorrow for a few days.
My lovely daughter and son-in-law came too, she had got me a few bits of shopping.
And this morning I had a long chat with my sister on the phone, reliving a few old memories....
I am so blessed to have a loving, wonderful family.

My Freddie is progressing, albeit very slowly. I am still worried about his terrible shortness of breath when he walks just a bit.
I thought you might like to see a photograph of him. This was taken in June on my birthday.

You can see he has lost the sight in his right eye due to a terrible
infection a couple of years ago.

9 comments:

Patti said...

June, I know you know this, but you are blessed beyond measure to have such loving relationships with your family members. Such a gift from God!!!

I love the photo of Freddie. It's easy to see why he captured your heart...quite the handsome man...not to mention kind-looking. (Oh, and if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known he was blind in one eye.)

Anyhow, I'm continuing to pray for renewed strength for him. Give him a hug from your friend across the pond.

Love,
Patti

Bill said...

Thank you for sharing the picture! It's so nice to actually see who you are talking about. I'm sure he'll continue to improve, even if it is slow. But you reminded me that we need to be thankful for the blessings God gives us. I started a gratitude journal, but I keep forgetting to write in it. It makes sense, though, if we think about the wonderful blessings we have, we won't be worrying about the other unnecessary things. Hmm. That's awful positive coming from me. I haven't even taken my medication yet today!

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey June.
I 'know' you only through the DigitalWhisper but as William already told ; It's so nice to actually see who you are talking with and about.
The first thing that I thought when I saw Freddies photo was, What a friendly smile and face he has !
Then I read your story one more time to better understand. (because in our Dutch language, the English quotes are sometime different explained)

You are indeed BLESSED with such a loving and hearty contact with your family. And I wish your Freddie a good recovery.

Hearty greeting from the Netherlands. Rian

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am so happy for you that you have such a loving family relationship!

So many families don't appreciate one another. I especially love to read your and Freddies devotion to one another.

Hugs!
~Tonya

Netty said...

I can only repeat what everyone else has said June. Love the picture of Freddie thank you for sharing. Annette x

Christine said...

Dear June, I don't know what I prefer most: your lovely digital work or your kind, gentle words. It's always a pleasure to read them. It's like you were spreading love throughout your blog for everyone who has the luck to visit you. Thank you so much. All the blessings to your loving family.

Junibears said...

I am glad you liked to see the photo of Freddie.
He doesn't know he's on here! LOL! Really, he wouldn't mind.
And thank you all for your wonderful comments.
You all fill me up with your kind words.
Hugs and blessings to you. June xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us June. its lovely to be able to see what Freddie looks like and we know from your words what a special man he is
hugs June xxxxx

K J D said...

What lovely words you started your post with.

Freddie looks lovely! Sweet and maybe just a bit mischevious????

I am sure your family love to be with you as much as you love to be with them - so you are blessed.

Love your altered photographs!

Karenx