WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Saturday 19 January 2013

Saturday


No change in the weather but so far no more snow!


A piece I did just for fun a little while ago.
I wonder if there were really any showgirls in that era who met a prince?
What do you think?



Well it's oft been said 'Life is a Mystery'

An eminent American scientist and thinker, 
George Washington Carver (1864-1943)
once said these thought provoking words.....

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,
 compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving 
and tolerant of the weak and the strong.
Because, some day in your own life, you will
have been all of these people yourself.

Now aint that a fact!!

Love and Hugs
June xxx

8 comments:

Linda said...


Hi June,

I hope you and Freddie are doing well! it is sunny and warm here today.
Love your collages, they are so beautiful!
Hugs from me!
Linda

Daniella said...

These 2 pieces are gorgeous!! And the quote I love! I've known it for a very longtime and it is so true!!

Recently, I've been stuck on this quote:
Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
and today is a gift. That's why they call it the "present"

That is from a very wise turtle, Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda!!

Awesome quote though, don't you think?
xxD

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello June, I think they did have Showgirls but U feel they called then by a different name. The Price and the Showgirl was a movie staring Marilyn Monroe and Sir Lawrence Olivier.. That quote is so true, at one time or another, we are all those things. xx

Jane said...

Hello there. I just love your collages ..it is really my century, I think that is when I should have been born :-)) Have a nice Sunday.

Bill said...

Well, love is the biggest mystery of all. I'm sure a showgirl got a prince somewhere!

Bärbel said...

Zwei wunderschöne Collagen, June! Wie die Geschichte zeigt, liebten nicht nur Prinzen sondern auch Könige Showgirls. Eine Frau tut aber stets besser, sich um ihre Bildung zu kümmern, als auf einen Prinzen zu warten, die ziemlich dünn gesät sind.
Liebe Grüße.

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful pages. Lets hope some of them found their prince!
hugs Lynn

sirkkis said...

These art pieces are so, so lovely. I really love them. They are so soft coloured and beautifully composed. Hope you have a lovely week xx