WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Thursday 20 May 2010

Icons

It was a fine dry morning so I went to Chapel on my Buggy.
The Rev. Jo led the service this morning and she always makes a bee line towards me to read the lesson. So this morning I was prepared and remembered to take my reading glasses!
She always brings something interesting to talk about and today was no exception.
She has a  niece who is training to paint Icons. They have to mix their own pigments and are painted on wood, which they also have to treat.

Jo brought a couple of reproduction pictures of old icons and gave us an explanation of what the colourings mean, the placing of people, their importance etc. etc. All things you don't see when you first look at them. Everything has a meaning and many, many years ago these pictures were the only means of learning the Bible stories.

Several years ago a  WI member's husband brought several he had made and painted and I still remember that talk with great pleasure.

Icons are another of the things that fascinate me and I came home and made another picture for the Whispers Challenge 'Ancient', this time using a picture of an old icon.


No comments: