WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Sunday 9 June 2013

TAW..Cool Colours..


The challenge this week on Take a word is Cool Colours.
Surfing through Google as is my wont, I came across this picture,
 black and white, of this beauty wearing this extraordinary hat or headdress.
I found her fascinating so I've coloured her in cool colours.
And here she is. When I was a little girl my dearest Grandfather would come
out with all these sayings, one of them was 'If you can't fight,
wear a big hat!' I've never known what it meant but if ever I see anyone
in a big hat, it always comes into my mind!
 
Thanks for your visit. I'm meeting my sister today for lunch
so I'll catch up later.
Big Hugs
June xxx
 
 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You have given her such delicate colours June, she's really elegant. And how lovely your grandfather's words are still such a vivid memory, so beautiful... Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Analia Cristina said...

Very beautiful work!Molto interessante la foto vintage!Complimenti!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the colours June, she really is a beautiful lady and fits perfectly on the fabulous background you have created. I hope you and your sister had a lovely lunch together.
Have a great evening.
hugs {brenda} x0x

sirkkis said...

Really cool and elegant lady with her amazing hat, June. Beautiful colours.

Zana said...

Lovely lady, and that big hat is gorgeous.

Karin said...

beautiful creation, love the colors! Have a nice lunch!
groetjes Karin

johanna said...

she really looks elegant (but i bet it is not comfortable;))

Sim said...

She is gorgeous and her hat is amazing!
Good work at colorizing June! Bravo!
(I think that I understand your grandfather's mind; for me, it means that if you have the courage of wearing a big hat, it gives you the feeling of beeing courageous for anything else...)

indybev said...

Lovely soft colors on this one, June. That hat makes MY head hurt!! I hope you had a fine lunch, by the way!

sheila 77 said...

You have made her beautiful with your cool colours, it's lovely, so calm.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So beautiful, June.Beautifully colorized.

Victoria said...

Such a wonderful image! I love the soft colors! Hope you had a great lunch date! Wish my sisters lived closer!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

An amazing and very beautiful piece for Cool colors, I must confess that I smiled when I saw her hat, wish you a lovely day June.
Hugs Anni

Bill said...

Wow! That's a hat and a half! It's beautiful in those cool colors, though.