WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Sunday 11 April 2010

Before the Bears

Before the Bears there was China Painting.
I suppose I have always had a bit of an artistic bent and one day I saw this class advertised. I thought that looked interesting so joined. I attended 5 of the 6 classes as I had to go into hospital for an op. There were no more classes so I started buying books and then, big expense, an electric Kiln. I was serious!!

I painted for 20 years, teaching my own little class at home, and giving talks around the County as a Women's Institute Speaker. I loved it. I painted plates and tea sets, everything I could lay my hands on, either in bone china or porcelain. Commemorative plates for weddings, births and anniversaries and again they are all over the world.

After 20 years with my health deteriorating I really felt like starting something new and I turned to Papercrafts. My, what a world that opened up when I bought a computer.........

No comments: