WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Sunday 4 August 2013

TAW Challenge..DARK..


Well I'm not always 'into' darker subjects or the darker side of life so I had to really think about this one. Finally I made a sort of steriotype Prince of Darkness type thing but I'm not happy with it.


Then I thought of a ghost story my beloved Granddad used to tell me. Perhaps you remember something like it. We would sit on the floor in the firelight and he would set the scene. This chap was searching in a cemetary for his dead wife who had a golden arm which he wanted to steal.
 
'Where is your golden arm Sally?  Where is your golden arm Sally?'
All the time going through the actions pretending to feel around my face and body.
 
Then 'HERE IT IS!' grabbing me and I would squeal with fright and delight.
Oh such happy memories. 'Tell me again Granddad........'
So here is my picture....

 
Thanks so much for your visit.
Have a wonderful week!
 
Love and squeals
June xxx
 



18 comments:

sirkkis said...

What a story you have told! Your work from it is shivering me. Greepy but well done. Happy week to you, too xx

Karla B said...

We used to the same here whenever there was a blackout. We would sit in circle and tell stories.It is sad to see that this tradition got lost.Life is digital nowadays.Great work my friend.

Ozstuff said...

What a great story! Love your dark pictures too, June. Wonderful artwork as always.

Judy said...

Two exceptional 'dark' pieces, June, both are quite creepy especially along with your Grandfather's tale!!

Marfi-topia said...

june
both are so creepy!!
I remember that golden arm story!!
great work here, wonderful takes on the theme:)

indybev said...

I loved the "golden arm" story, June. Well illustrated, and well told!

Deann said...

Fabulous dark and creepy June just the way I like it.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Gorgeous creations, really creepy and mystery.

peggy gatto said...

Love the memory!!! How we deal with what occurs!
gorgeous illustration!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dear, dear JUNE! How lovely to meet you today! Thank you kindly for coming to visit me and to leave a message! I love your artwork and that you live in the UK. I have many dear blog friends from all over the UK and in The Netherlands and in France. Do come again? Your collage work is outstanding as I scroll down!

Anita

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Excellent artpiece and story. Beautifully presented, June.

Christine said...

I had never heard of the unfortunate poor Sally... Great story and great pieces.

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Oh June, you have done two fantastic pieces, but I especially love the piece with Sally, because of your story about your grandad.
Hugs Anni

Electra said...

Squeals from me as well!!

Bill said...

I've never heard that story, but sounds scary to me. I'll never go near a woman with a golden arm again! Wonderful dark collages.

Taluula said...

I loved the golden arm story, June, and your illustration of it is fantastic.

Sandy said...

i have been visiting, or maybe I should say snooping on your blog and your art is amazing!! I love the vision you seem to carry within your mind!
Sandy

sheila 77 said...

Oh, it's a frightening (and brilliantly illustrated) Golden Arm picture and great story.