WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Saturday 4 June 2011

Sunday Postcard Art..Boats..

The theme this week at SPA is Boats. Well I suppose a ship can count as a large boat!
After all they both float!
So here is my finished postcard..

My dear cousin Freddie and his partner Martin came over bringing a lovely picnic.
Then as a surprise my 'baby' sister Jackie walked in!
My Birthday celebrations started here today!
It was a bit breezy but we could sit in the garden and have a wonderful lunch.
Prawn cocktails,  Scotch eggs, Quiches, sausage rolls and salad,
followed by strawberries and cream, my favourite.
I even had a glass of wine! My Freddie enjoyed it too.
I had a lovely present which they insisted I open today!
I'll tell you about that tomorrow...........

14 comments:

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

June, your birthday celebration sounds wonderful! I hope you have a very happy day. The picnic sounds yummy! And i love your vintage boat collage.

xx
Sherry

Linda Gibbons said...

what a lovely vintage piece, June.

Happy Birthday!

Carolyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUNE. Your picnic sounds delightful and wine to help with the celebration. ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY.

What are Scotch eggs? AND, your postcard is terrific.

Junibears said...

My Birthday is not until the 15th! Just an early start to celebrating!
And Scotch eggs Carolyn, are hardboiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat and deep fried. Cut in half so you can see the egg inside, lovely hot or cold. xx

Deann said...

June your boats postcard is wonderful as always.
I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday...and many more!!!

Judy said...

Another beautiful vintage card, June!
What a lovely pre-birthday celebration, June, what yummy food, scotch eggs mmmmmmm - I feel the urge to make some!
I hope you are feeling better after your fall, too!

cheryl said...

oh hun you making me feel hungry,bet you are one amazing,cook too,so glad you had a wonderful time hun you really deserve it,another vintage beautiful collage hun love hugs cheryl xxx

Jester said...

A beautiful vintage creation, June.
Your birthday al fresco lunch sounds lovely.

Petra Tillmann said...

Beautiful vintage postcard!
Happy birthday to you, June!

johanna said...

happy birthday, june!! up to another creative year1
your postcard is awesome, i love compass roses.

aino said...

That's gorgeous!

indybev said...

What a lovely interpretation of the challenge, June. Just beautiful. ..... and Happy Birthday!

Bill said...

Now I'm really hungry! Prawn cocktails and scotch eggs? Wow!

Christine said...

This is such a beautiful and original piece! Nice work.