WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Three Muses..Eggs..

The Challenge this week on Three Muses is to see what we can do with eggs!
I thought I'd show you one of my Goose  eggs.  A friend and I went to a Saturday class to alter a goose egg many, many years ago and this is what I did on that Saturday.
It's an egg casket that opens up to reveal the brilliant blue lining.
The outside is painted a cream pearlescent and the top has gold mesh stuck on, decorated with 'jewels' and tiny thin braids stuck all round.
I don't think my fingers and hands would let me do it now. I made several at the time which sit in a cabinet but this was the first one and my favourite.
Every time I look at it I think of that day with my friend Anne and what fun we had.
Sadly Anne passed away several years ago.




25 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

The egg you created in the class is STUNNING!!Hugs,Cat

Chris Arlington said...

beautiful June!

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Before I read your post I thought I was looking at a fine Faberge heirloom, June! It's just amazing. I love your new header, too--the words are very meaningful to me
hugs
Sherry

Carolyn said...

What an amazing egg, June. It is beautiful.

"MOI" Freubel said...

I had the same thougts as Sherry !!
What a entry to treasure June !!
And such an endearing memory of Anne. Thank you for sharing xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful eggs.

Glenys said...

Hey, June!! this is fabulous...just what other talents do you have...you astound me eveytime I see your work..love it!

deb said...

you have such talent! And so many to be good at! Love the egg. always wanted to try with an ostrich egg!

Kaylene said...

Such a beautiful egg I thought it was a Fabergé image, clean crisp lines in your work

Deann said...

I love your goose egg June it's gorgeous...the geese around my house are so nasty they would probably come get me in my bed if I stole one of their eggs. I shutter to think!!

indybev said...

What a beautiful memento of a happy time with a friend! Your egg is delicate and oh so lovely! Thanks for sharing the story of its creation with us this week at Three Muses!

Christine said...

What a beautiful and elaborated goose egg. You're a woman of many talents and sweet heart.

Judy said...

What an exquisite treasure, June, especially when it reminds you of your dear friend, beautiful work!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is truly beautiful, June. Love your egg art!

Rika said...

This is beautiful!

AJ Blanton said...

WOW!! A stunning egg!!
AJ

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous egg, June! A real treasure!

Yvonne said...

So gorgeous, June!

Melisa said...

It's beautiful! Love that gorgeous blue lining against the delicate cream colored egg. A good way to remember a fun time with your friend, too.

Taluula said...

Wow, June, this is something else! It is simply gorgeous and a lovely reminder of your late friend.

Faye said...

What a gorgeous work of art, June! I also thought I was looking at a Faberge egg. When I saw it I thought of the Faberge exhibit that is traveling around and will be in our city in July at the fine arts museum. I can hardly wait.

RPLancaster said...

Such a lovely egg and a nice memory attached to it too.


Paulette

Kim B said...

Eggmazing :) (just being my silly self)
Amazing Art. Hope your day is happy. Hugs, Kim

Ozstuff said...

Exquisite goosey eggs and artwork. Simply beautiful.

Bill said...

Your egg is absolutely wonderful! Wow! I'm very impressed.