WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Friday 25 March 2011

On the Riviera..

With the beautiful weather we've had the last few days
I thought I'd take a trip to the French Riviera.
(I need it!! LOL!!)

My dear son Stanley and Jenny his wife (navigating),
took me to Papworth yesterday to see Freddie.
A very long journey for me but I was so very glad to see him.
Only two days after the op he was sitting in a chair looking as large as life.
There is no dressing on his main wound but a very neat  scar.
They removed two of his drips while I was there and they are going
 to wean him off the third one starting today.
The physios have visitted him and already got him walking
across the room.
We don't know how long he will be there but hopefully soon
they will move him back to Norwich.
He still looks as if he's been in a prize fight as the bruising on his chin
has enlarged and travelled to beneath his jaw, where they removed his teeth.
I did take photographs as the rest of the family wanted to know
all the details and how he is and they have been 'Oooing' over the size
of the scar.

Today I caught up with Bank business and called on my daughter to
 have a quick coffee.
I feel so tired, I am now going to rest.

Love and Hugs

June xx

6 comments:

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Hi, June, I'm go glad you got to see Freddie and he's doing well! What a relief it must be.
xxx
Sherry

Patti said...

Oh, June, I'm so glad you were able to get to see your dear Freddie...and it's wonderful that he's doing so well so soon after surgery. I'll be praying he continues to gain strength and heal and that he will be able to be home soon.

The picture you have created is stunning!!! I have a huge thing for the French Riviera...next to NYC, it's my dream trip.

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

PS Only, what, 6 more weeks until the wedding we're all anxiously awaiting!!

Netty said...

This is such great news June. Loving your picture. Annette x

deb said...

glad to hear hes doing well and you got a quick visit to the Riveria as well LOL! Modern medicine is a marvel!

Bill said...

I am so happy Freddie is doing so well. I have to tell you, though, I'd probably pass out if I saw a scar like that.

By the way, your header is very lovely. Maybe you could do one to cover Freddie's scar.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am so glad that you got to visit with him. Made for a nice day for you! I bet you slept better too.