WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Hurry....hurry....

Sometimes we are bombarded with advertisements with a great sense of urgency...on TV or newspapers......
Phone now, don't delay....Sale ends tomorrow....Hurry, hurry, hurry....
Sometimes it seems we are overwhelmed with things we have to do.
Appointments, commitments, work to catch up on....

Are there days when you'd like to hold up your hands and say 'Slow down please!'
We are all caught up in this cycle on  some days

Slow me down Lord. Steady my hurried pace.
Give me the calmness of the everlasting hills.
Teach me the art of taking little vacations; of stopping to look at a flower, or taking time to chat to a friend, or read a few lines from a good book.
Inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of life's enduring values, that I may grow towards the star of my greater destiny.

Just reading these few lines makes me feel more peaceful and
I hope you will feel the same.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I spent many years of my life on the fast-track. You know, the hamster-on-the-wheel life that is chronically busy, always moving. I wouldn't slow down, even when I was sick. As a result of continuing to go even when I was very ill with pneumonia, I nearly destroyed my health. I also had chronic migraines, a result of the stress of constant activity with no rest time. Finally, in His grace, the Lord slowed me down, and I have become passionate about the message to not always be running like The Energizer Bunny.

Unfortunately, today's society doesn't look with favor on slowing down. If you're not going, then there's something wrong. I, however, am much happier AND healthier by slowing down.

I hope you have a wonderful day,
Patti