WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Thursday 17 February 2011

Imagine..

A collage I made last week.

Better news?
The hospital sent Freddie home last night by taxi.
He walked in at 9.20pm. Tired and hungry but OK.
I made him a hot drink and some ham sandwiches while he rested.
I had three different doctors ring me yesterday from the hospital. 2pm.     4pm. and  7pm.
They all asked loads of questions about Freddie and when I asked questions I realised I had three different and  fairly conflicting reports! The third doctor even asked to speak to my daughter. When I said she doesn't live here he wanted to speak to Freddie's next-of-kin. I said I was his wife and as far as I can recollect I am his next of kin.
What a ludicrous situation! Is there no communication between doctors? And this is a large teaching hospital! I must have a little intelligence to make sense of it all!

I sent him in after having another minor stroke and they were treating him for something else.
A problem that stares them in the eye they all ignored.
Apparently another letter will be sent to his GP and we shall go from there.....

Meanwhile we've got to try and carry on as normally as possible and we can only trust in the Lord
and live each and every day.

Thank you so much dear friends for your continuing good wishes and prayers.

Love and Big Hugs
June xxx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your Freddie's home, anyway.
We used the same couple! They are a very romantic pair!

Brenda Brown said...

Oh June, I know exactly what you mean about communication. I had exactly the same with Mum when she was in hospital at Christmas and I was lucky I could be in there every day asking questions, sorting out their misconceptions and trying to make sense of the different answers and information recieved from differnt members of staff. We too have one of the better hospitals, so I dread to think what it is like in some of the others.
Anyhow, I am glad Freddie is home and I hope he continues to make good progress again.
I love your imagine piece, there is a real sense of reality to this one with the scene you have created.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr.....it is enough to be under stress with Freddie's illness, but to be so ignorant of YOU is too much. I surely hope somebody gets their head on straight and does the right thing!
I am sending you warm hugs and good thoughts that all will resolve itself soon.
Jan

Patti said...

Oh, my sweet friend, I'm sorry to hear that Freddie has been ill again. I am praying for him right now.

By the way, I LOVE your new profile photo. You look fabulous!!

Love,
Patti

Chris Arlington said...

June, I am sad to say our hospitals are not much better. You almost need to pin a note on your chest and hope it's big enough for them to notice.
Wishing you both well

Christine said...

Dear June, I'm so sorry about all of that. I hope things change for the better. You and Freddie are in thoughts and prays. Hugs.

Marfi-topia said...

June, I'm sending you prayers and good wishes.

Bill said...

How maddening! I don't know how any of us survive what doctors put us through. Most of them don't listen to a thing we tell them. Our thoughts and prayers are with both you and Freddie as always!

Pat said...

Oh June, so sorry you've gone through this :(
Sadly docs aren't too good at communicating. I once yelled at one, "what's the point of writing notes if you never read them?" when they wanted me to repeat something for the umpteenth time!
I would actually phone your GP and tell him what happened with the mini stroke- especially as they didn't do anything for Freddie. Please.

Lovey said...

June...may God comfort you both. Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding...Hugs to you.

Judy said...

Just the same here in NZ, June, re: doctors & hospitals, my friend was told she didn't have the brain tumour they had previously diagnosed ONLY to be informed 3 hours later that they had made a mistake and she did have one! Here's hoping your husband improves now he's at home.