WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Monday 22 November 2010

Father's Footsteps..

I found this old vintage photo quite fascinating.
The little uniforms for the sweet boys had to be hand made specially.
So the words of the old Music Hall song came to me
and I imagined him being posted to Paris.
And of course I always wonder how the story ended.....

* * * * *

I got to Chapel last night, very cold but almost a full moon.
I hope it didn't rain in the night as that naughty pixie
left the car passenger window open.
His name is Ro and everytime something happens that 'nobody'
will own up to, it is always blamed on Ro.
Do you have a 'Ro' in your house?
He used to live in a cupboard under the stairs in my last house.
Now we're in a bungalow I don't know where he hides out!

And I am so pleased to find I have a new follower, Nigel,
yes, a man! Thank you Nigel, William won't feel
so outnumbered now.

14 comments:

johanna said...

wonderful digital collage!

Taluula said...

The perfect image June and I love what you have done with it. Gorgeous.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

A soldier and his sons...bet they are grown and old also by now. Its wonderful to look back through time. Great to remember. God Bless June dear. Crystal xxx

Yvonne said...

Perfection, June!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great take on this theme.

Deann said...

This is a very touching piece June...yes when I look at old pictures I too always wonder about the people and how life treated them. Beautiful job Junie and I love your Steam Punk baby too He Rock and so do you!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow June, this is beautiful and what a touching picture, isn't it? I love what you did with it...Our "Ro" here is our cat...if something happens, we say "Oh, the cat must have done it" even when there's no way she could...it's just become a joke for when we do something by mistake...poor kitty!

I hope it didn't rain and that the car is okay...and that's so wonderful that you got to get to chapel...what a comfort and so inspiring.

Wishing you a blessed day.
Love,
Cindy

Netty said...

A really terrific page and so poignant June. Annette x

cheryl said...

oh hun what a wonderful piece which you have displayed beautifully hugs cheryl xxx

Bill said...

You two-timer, June! It isn't bad enough that you're already married, but now you have another man following your blog. I guess I never really stood a chance. Oh well. I guess I'll blame it all on Ro!

Junibears said...

Oh dear William! You will always be my first love!! xx

Nigel said...

Good grief! I have competition - who is this William person anyway? ;)

Thanks for the wonderful words, and it's quite serendipitous that you should announce my arrival with a card featuring soldiers :)

Miss Hillbilly said...

We have trolls in our house. Every time someone eats extra sweets or something is amiss...it is always the trolls that do it!

How fun for you to have all this manly attention:)

Junibears said...

Oh sweetie, it's only because they haven't met me in the flesh! They'd both run a mile!! xx