WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Monday 2 January 2012

Christenings..then and now..

No matter how ill I've been feeling, apart from sleeping, I cannot just sit and do nothing.
So I had a browse through some old photographs and found these pics of Christenings of my dear grandchildren.
At the top is Rebecca, then and now and below is Richard.
The top Christening pic was taken in the garden and the bottom one indoors, with me looking surprised and not ready to smile for the camera!

I'm wearing the same little velvet half-hat with a wisp of veiling in both photos.
Both Christening gowns were made by me, Rebecca's being crocheted specially for her. The bonnet to go with it has disappeared and the lace one with tiny blue bows Richard is wearing was made for my son 55 years ago. Family heirlooms of sorts I suppose.

I love looking at the old photos but I can't believe where the years have gone. I am so proud of them both, now wonderful caring adults, and Richard is a father of two.

Happy memories I thought you might like to share.

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Happy memories indeed and lovely pictures to look back on.
I hope you feel better soon.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Anonymous said...

Time flies, doesn't it?

You can show me photos of your family anytime. I love looking at other peoples lives through photographs.

Christine said...

Hi, June. This is wonderful. What a gorgeous grandma!
Your art is great, I loved the old man of the woods, the little princess and the new set for the golden legend.
I hope you recover soon from your chest infection. Other than that have a fabulous new year.

Bill said...

You mean my grandsons are going to grow up? :) What a wonderful collage and wonderful memories!