WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Monday 12 July 2010

In church we often sing 'Dear Lord and Father of Mankind', one of my favourite hymns.
It was written by John Greenleaf Whittier, who lived in the United States in the 19th. Century.
He was an active Quaker and humanitarian, who championed the anti-slavery cause.

There's something about the words of this hymn which seem to bring comfort, calm and reassurance to many situations.
I particularly like this verse....

Drop thy still dews of quietness
Till all our strivings cease,
Take from our souls the strain and stress
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of thy peace.

May you experience peace of mind today.

No comments: