WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Thursday 16 December 2010

Over the Rainbow..


I've had quite a nice day in spite of the weather, rain this morning
and sleety showers this afternoon. I hurt all over as I had a fall
last evening in the bathroom. My head was stuck against the
door and the little dog  was the other side scratching and squeaking trying
to get to me. It took a while to eventually open the door and crawl to my
chair but no real harm done, just a shake-up!

I went to Chapel in the car and we had quite a full house, followed
by coffee and yummy warm mince pies, everyone seemed in a bit
of a festive mood.
This afternoon dear daughter came to clean through the bungalow, changing
the bed and hanging clean curtains in the kitchen.

Then I had a phone call from a rather long lost friend, could she come over.
You know what they say about friends, they're with you for a reason, a season
or forever. I began to think I would not see this old friend again, it has been so long.
I was so pleased to see her and we caught up with all of each other's news
as if it was just yesterday we last met.
So I am thnkful for old friends today.

PS I hope you like the picture.

8 comments:

Sadie said...

The 'PS' is grand. Ofcourse I like the picture!!

I hope you feel better and you have to be more carefull or I'll come over and wrap you in bubble plastic and buy you a lill' helmet!

What a nice surprise to have a friend calling in this time of year. Thats wonderful. Big Hug.

Junibears said...

Bless you Sadie! xx

Miss Hillbilly said...

Please take care of yourself!! I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I am so glad that you have a loving family to help you and keep track of you. If they didn't you'd probably be off on some Steampunk adventure or something and we'd never hear from you!

The picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh June, you must, must try to take care of yourself my friend. I am just having a little blog catch up as i dont get nearly enough time to visit blogs. I love your rainbow piece its so beautiful
hugs June

From the Kitchen said...

June, so sorry you had a nasty fall but glad that you were able to regroup and enjoy an outing plus visits from your daughter and an old friend.

I love you "rainbow" collage. When my younger son was married a year ago, their first dance was to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" so it has specialness to me.

Take care, my friend.

Best,
Bonnie

Bill said...

Well. I was feeling quite sorry for you until I read the part about the warm mince pie. I bet that made up for the bump on the head. I am craving mince pie, and no one around here is the least bit interested in eating one. I'd hate to have to buy a whole mince pie and eat it all myself. But if that's the way it has to be, then so be it! :O)

Your picture is lovely. The mallard blue in the leaves is so beautiful!

Netty said...

Beautiful picture June with such terrific colours. Am so sorry you fell but glad it didn't stop you from enjoying yourself today. You remind me of a song which goes something like this......'Pick yourself Up, Dust yourself down and Start All over Again'.....hugs Annette x

Annmarie said...

Love the rainbow picture & isn't it nice to connect with an old friend? As to your fall, what can I say???? but I hope you aren't sore any more.