WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Saturday 18 December 2010

Echoes in Blue..

I played with two or three pictures to get this background,
blending and layering etc.
Hope you like it.
* * * * *
A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the Seven Wonders of the World. And they chose, in this order, Egypt's Great Pyramids, the Taj Mahal, the Grand Canyon, the Panama Canal, the Empire State Building and the Great Wall of China.
Then the teacher noticed one quiet pupil hadn't handed in her thoughts.
'I couldn't make up my mind because there are so many' she said. 'But I think the Seven Wonders of the World are these--
to touch, to taste, to see, to hear, to feel,
to laugh and to love.'
We tend to take these things for granted and perhaps we need a reminder now and again.
Seven fine and deserving wonders, don't you agree?
* * * * *
And if you think your memory is failing, try this test...
Try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.......


It is minus 10 outside today! Be safe and have a peaceful weekend.
Love and Hugs
June xx

9 comments:

Kim B said...

Amazing.
OH ME minus 10 outside.
Stay in,
Hugs,
Kim

Miss Hillbilly said...

I know exactly what I wore one year ago today. A pair of black sweat pants and, well probably a light blue sweatshirt because I wore it most often. Of course I was 9 months pregnant...my tummy was huge...I was all swollen...and that was the only clothes that fit!!

You listed the 7 greatest wonders of all!

Pat said...

Lovely picture, June!
Beautiful story - and what was I worrying about last year? The same miserable weather of course! :lol:
Have a great weekend and stay safe! xx

From the Kitchen said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet post. I have to agree with the "quiet" child. Your art today incorporates my favorite colors--beautiful!

Best,
Bonnie

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful artful colors and imagery June- love your thoughts as well. A lovely post!

Faye said...

June, the background on this one positively glows and the women are beautiful. Your handiwork continues to inspire me. Knowing how fast the time is flying by, I just want to wish you personally now a beautiful Christmas. I think you were speaking in Celsius not Fahrenheit, but either way is way too cold.

cheryl said...

june hunny your work is just magical,I could honestly sit here for hours looking at each and every piece of art work you do,love big hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Christmas-etc... said...

Thanks for this! A very good reminder!
Blessings dear June!
Ann
PS Thanks so much for entering my GIVEAWAY!

Bill said...

This picture is unbelievably beautiful! And such a wonderful story!