WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Tuesday 7 December 2010

The Christmas Rose..

A great deal of story and legend is attached to plants. It is said that when the Magi, the three Wise Men from the East, arrived with their precious gifts for the Christ Child of gold, myrrh and frankincense, a poor shepherdess called Madelon was standing outside the stable. She was in tears for she had no gift for the baby Jesus.

An angel saw her tears, and gently brushed aside a soft blanket of snowflakes, to reveal white Christmas Roses tipped with pink, a perfect gift for the Christ Child.

Christmas Roses are beautiful flowers which bloom and brighten our gardens in the cold and darkness of mid-winter.

* * * * * * *


And did you know it's a fact that almost all Polar Bears are born on or around Christmas day.
They're barely larger than the length of a human thumb.
Think of them this Christmas, beginning their lives amid the Arctic ice, such fragile bundles of white at the heart of the Winter storms.

* * * * * * *

I was browsing yesterdayand found this wonderful Kitty.
Isn't she just gorgeous? She was painted by Ruth Sanderson.
Immediately I saw her opening her locket to show her love I thought
'Ah!  Kismet!   This is my beloved'.
So I hope you like her.










6 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Two well-told stories for me this morning. The rose is lovely and so is "Kitty". I hope you have a creatively beautiful day!

Best,
Bonnie

deb said...

beautiful stories! And the kitty is fantastic! I love animals as people! Very special!

Sadie said...

Your pictures and stories are something I allready look forward to every day. Thank you for both and Kitty is just gorgious. And the Christmas rose is perfect.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Thank you for the story of the rose. Kitty is beautiful!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, I love your cat.

Bill said...

It's difficult to think about those poor, little polar bears when you post such a wonderful kitty picture! :O) The flower is so gorgeous.