WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Sunday 20 April 2014

TAW....WINGS...


My challenges for Take a Word this week.  Wings.


The little girl in the bottom picture is Carol, my littlest bridesmaid.
She was 2 the week after my wedding. I found her picture in my files. put
 her under a rainbow and gave her wings.
 Bless her heart she had a terrible rare disease and died
 when she was only 51 which was a great sadness.
So now she is up there with the angels......

Thanks for your visit and comments which are always greatly appreciated.
Love and Hugs
June xxx

12 comments:

Sim said...

I love the first piece a lot June; and I love the little Carol too... So cute. Beautiful wings indeed!

sirkkis said...

Oooh, I love cute Carol with wings. Your other collage is lovely too. The colour of the wings is special.
Happy Easter time, June xxx

Ozstuff said...

I love both pieces, June, but especially the second one because of the story behind the picture of Carol. Beautiful artwork.

Rosie said...

Both cards are gorgeous

Happy Easter

johanna said...

beautiful and melancholic as well!

Taluula said...

Both are lovely, June, I love the colour of the knitted wings on the first and what a sad story for the second.

Electra said...

What an adorable picture and you have truly made her into an angel. Lovely tribute, June.

Christine said...

Lovely pieces, June.

indybev said...

Beautiful tribute to your littlest bridesmaid, June! Well done. I hope you and Freddie had a nice Easter holiday.

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

They are both so wonderfully made June, love them, number two is a great tribute to Carol, it's always sad to lose a friend.
Anni

Bill said...

I think I will take a pair of those purple wings! Carol certainly looks precious.

Deann said...

The first angel is just stunning with her gorgeous blue violet wings and your little angel is a sweet delight...fabulous work June.