WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Tuesday 29 November 2011

A Norfolk Sky..

This is the opening line of a song I wrote many years ago and wherever I went it was a song that was always requested. It's called 'Blakeney', the name of the place where I live. I wrote it for my then husband, a man who loves that place more than anyone I know.

This picture shows part of the marsh, looking towards the sea, where the sea lavender grows.
Painters come here to view and paint our big Norfolk skies, where the sea birds swoop down on you. And in the quiet, you can hear the skylark and she flies high to lead you away from her nest.
I added the child, a freebie from Ms. Bailey on Flickr.
She reminded me of how we used to wander over the marshes, climb on the old boat and be safe and happy.
Ahhhh........the memories....

5 comments:

cheryl said...

oh gosh hun,writing a song oh how talented are you that really is one stuning picture hun just perfect,and to have those wonderful memories too,hugs cherylxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Your cherished memories of Norfolk are so endearing. Love the big sky and the lavender and the idea of being safe.

Linda said...

Hi June,

I love the little girl and the opening of
the song! You are so talented! Have a wonderful
day and Thanks for the lovely comment on my
jewelry items!
Hugs from me!
Linda

Faye said...

I love the scene of the marshes, June. Sounds like you have fond memories of times playing in them. Beautiful piece with the addition of the little girl.

Bill said...

I would so love to visit a beautiful place like that. I love lavender, and would love to see lavender fields.