WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Sunday 15 April 2012

TAW Challenge.. Time..

This week the word challenge is TIME. I think it's quite an emotive subject. It can raise lots of memories, some good, some bad, some you wish you could forget. Where were you at a certain time? What were you doing? Who were you with? How much have you got left? What will you do with it? etc.......
Anyway, this is my collage for the Time Challenge on Take a Word.
Thank you for looking. xxxx

* * * * * * *

Yesterday was surely an eventful day.
We had organised a surprise Thank You lunch in the Chapel for Margery, celebrating her 90th. birthday next week. She has given a lifetime's service to our Chapel. A beautiful sit down lunch for about 25 people.

I got myself dressed up a bit and thinking of the April showers decided to go in the car. Turned over the engine...and yes...the battery had died on me. As quick as that. Almost as if I'd left on lights or something for days!
So no panic, I shall have to go on the scooter. I had got soaked twice in the last two days so put on an old coat and hat as it looked like rain again.
I said no panic but I was beginning to feel quite stressed.....Anyway I got there, forgetting my crutches! Margery had been taken out for a ride and a coffee stop and arrived at the Chapel to see her friends all waiting for her. It was a lovely surprise and everyone enjoyed a grand time.

So I put on my coat for the ride home, stuffed my hat and bag into the basket on the front and set off. I hadn't gone 100 yards before I realised I had a puncture in one of the rear wheels. Panic again. I couldn't walk all that way and try to push the scooter, just impossible so I just had to ride, limping along, going very slowly and in the process ripping the tyre to shreds.

So now I truly am housebound. I shall ring my garage tomorrow and they are ever helpful. I hope it doesn't mean a new battery. I still can't think straight about the scooter wheel...........
So I am still feeling rather stressed over the whole business.

Still, as my dear old Granddad used to say...'Worse things happen at sea....'.

Hope you all have a good weekend with nothing to stress you!

Big Hugs
June xxxxxx









16 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor you, you surely had some bad luck with your scooter June, hopefully things will be sorted out soon! On a lighter note then: your latest collages look like paintings that could easily be hung in a gallery! You're so creative! TFS and have a lovely Sunday, Ira xox

Judy said...

... and it wasn't even 'black Friday', dear me, June, what bad luck, you don't deserve it, hope everything gets sorted soon! As to your Granddad's quote, very appropriate for the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic!
You certainly mastered layering and blending to perfection, June, love your card, and the your 'time' questions give me food for thought, too.

Ozstuff said...

It wasn't your day was it, June? Everything that could go wrong DID go wrong!!
Ah well, at least you are still working hard to share your beautiful art with us. I love your "timepiece".

Anonymous said...

Oh June, bless your heart! I cannot believe the day you had. I certainly hope your garage is able to correct all of those things with minimal cost or further frustration.

Your image of time is stunning and so very thought provoking. May you r week be stress free. Hugs, Mina

"MOI" Freubel said...

Overhere in Holland we have a saying "Eén komt nooit alléén" what means that one problem is often followed by another. I'm so sorry to read about your bad day and hope that your garage can fix it all.
*************
Your TIME piece is so beautiful blend and I love the compostion too June as wel as your Earthling in your earlier post !!

Bill said...

Well, think about it tomorrow, and take a nice nap today!

johanna said...

of course there are worse things (like health issues...), but that sounds stressful enough to me!! poor june, take a hug...

your collage is exquisite as always!!

Kaylene said...

Darn those scooters, a wonderful interpretation of time.

Sim said...

Ho June! Be sure it'll be best today & after! Hugs to you & beautiful entry!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful time piece, June! and what a TIME you had!!

Anonymous said...

Not your best day for getting about. I'm sure you'll enjoy being home and playing, though;)
Lovely Time entry.

indybev said...

Beautiful, ethereal homage to time, June. So sorry to hear about your bad luck with the vehicles.

Lori Saul said...

You are a master of Romantic imagery June- this is so soft and beautiful- like a dream!

peggy gatto said...

I am so sorry for the mess!!!!!!!
I do love the dreamy time piece!
I love the quote and need to remember it for future reference!

Christine said...

In days like that the only we can do is play Pollyanna glad game longing for a better tomorrow. Anyway, at least you had a happy lunch time. Speaking of time, your piece is lovely as always.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely piece June!