WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Couldn't sleep............


                                                                   The Flower
                                                                 

Well dear friends, it's still only 4 am. I have been awake since 2am. couldn't get back to sleep so came in here. This tiny room is my space, my sanctuary. I spend hours in here every day, sitting in my wheelchair in front of my computer, which connects me to all of you , my lovely blogging friends.
It's a mess in here but it's my mess. I'm surrounded with books galore, paper and crafting 'things', you all know what that means! My favourite ornaments in a glass fronted cabinet on one side of me and a small table set up on the other. This is covered with a cloth and has a large selection of beads, crystals and pearls, where I am currently making a new new necklace. And during the day I have my phone within reach.
It's still pitch black outside. I cannot see a light or a star through my window in front of me.
Very soon dawn will break and I shall hear my morning chorus of birdsong, a piece of magic!

So now I'll tell you about the picture above. It's a collage I made, digitally of course as that is all I can do nowadays. Having a play with many layers. It started with a crysanthemum, my own background and overlays blended together. Some gold corners from my stash and a sprinkling of rose petals.
I rather liked it and I hope you will too.

                                        Have a lovely day my friends, Love and Hugs,
                                                                       June xxx










8 comments:

Sarina said...

Hello June,
Lovely card,again.You're a real artist.
Your little room sounds(?) like a little June paradise.I love my little room too,with all the laces, papers and fabrics,hihi.Looks like we're addicts!!!
XXX, Sarina

Christmas-etc... said...

I really do like this - it's saying something about your dear heart to come up with such beauty during a sleepless night. Oh... and I agree with you about the birds! Aren't they magnificent!
Blessings!
ann
PS Hope you sleep well tonight!

Unknown said...

There was a reason for you still being awake dear June, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to create this beautiful piece! You certainly had your creative juices flowing, really loved your beautiful collage you put up yesterday, too, so very pretty!! ira x

Brenda Brown said...

I just love the depth those gorgeous layers have created on this wonderful collage June, such a myriad of tones and textures. The corners have framed this beautifully.
I hope you have slept better today.
hugs {brenda} xox

Linda Gibbons said...

This is wonderful, June! I hope making it eased your mind and body so you could rest.

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty, June! You made good use of those dark hours.
I do hope you will show us the necklace when you've finished it.

Deann said...

This is fabulous...worth losing sleep over!

Bill said...

There's nothing better than sitting in a friendly mess! It's a beautiful collage. I'm sure it will make the morning birds sing.