WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Thursday 1 July 2010

Time

I just cannot believe how quickly does the time fly........Here we are already into July.
The Challenge on Digital Whisper this week was Time and Clocks.

My picture was a reminder of how my village looked in the late 50's, before it was 'discovered' by people with a lot of money, who came and bought up the cottages, spending thousands on turning them into luxury holiday homes. Young people starting out could not afford to buy a house and there were few to rent.

I know times change and we have to change with it, but I'm sure you, like me, sometimes hanker for a previous time, when there were less cars and traffic, more open spaces, fewer people and a more leisurely way of life. Ho Hum!
At least all the building and alterations make work for some. But for the life of me, I cannot understand why someone buys a cottage that has probably already had thousands spent on it and then rips it apart inside and out and starts again.

More money than sense... my old Nannie used to say.


No comments: