WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Something new

Having a browse as usual I came across Debbie Mihalick's blog,  PAPERCRACKER.
She does such beautiful work with gorgeous colouring. 'How does she get those colours? 'I asked myself. I was really taken with one of her paintings. She started with a portrait painted by Jean-Leon Gerome who lived in the 1800's. Picture above.

So I had a go myself, adding elements and many layers and finished up with this.

I called her 'Sea Witch' and was pleased with the result.
Unfortunately she looks very similar to Debbie's painting. I seem to have found similar elements to use. I don't conciously copy other's work, just take their ideas and hopefully put my interpretation to it.
This time I was aiming for the colour.
If Debbie sees this picture and takes offence I will gladly remove it.
Anyway, thank you for your brilliant ideas Debbie.

No comments: