WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Monday 12 April 2010

Early riser

I wake about 5am. usually, come round a bit and then get up. This morning the sun was a big red and orange ball in the sky, everything was quiet and peaceful and it looks like being a lovely day.
After a light breakfast I come here to my PC to read my mail, the first job of my day. I look forward to mail from friends far and near, hearing of all their 'doings' and travels. The photos they send take me armchair travelling all over as I can no longer travel.

I used to spend a lot of time in Malta. I have a Maltese cousin and her family there so have spent Easters, Christmas and lots of other times with them. I've explored all the sights of the island just like a tourist would, but tourists don't usually go into Maltese homes or Convents to meet their nun friends or have a monk come to supper.

One occasion sticks in my memory.We were invited to tea at one of their friend's. Their home was like a palace inside, huge, cool with a grand staircase in the hall. Compared to that I live in a cupboard!
We sat around a gigantic table with all the family. Mother, father, grandparents, and old aunts. The older generation spoke no English, only their native Maltese. I have never seen so many fancy cakes and mouthwatering goodies outside a delicatessen that were spread there. I was told they were all made by the old aunts. They were a wealthy family, they owned a Shoe shop in Valetta and all the older ladies were draped in enough gold to open a jeweller's store! But so friendly and welcoming. A wonderful experience.

No comments: