WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Friday 30 April 2010

Jewellery

I wonder if anyone can remember Sarah Coventry?
I came across this picture and it sparked off old memories.

Sarah Coventry was a big jewellery manufacturer in the States and it started up over here as a home party selling venture, much like Tupperware. In the mid 60's money was always tight and as I loved jewellery I started up selling. You took your selection to various homes, set out your stuff on a smart black velvet cloth and hoped for orders and more party bookings and I did quite well. I ran our little pub during the day and my husband took over at night so I could go out and sell. I had a little pale blue Morris Minor car then.

The jewellery of course was not gold or silver but the quality was fantastic. The metal was heavy and did not tarnish and I still have a few pieces that look as good as when they were new.
The brooch and earrings set in the picture above I bought for my Mother who loved pearls and wore clip-on earrings.
At that time hardly anybody had pierced ears. Clip-ons were all the go and you didn't dream the day would come when women and  men had not just their ears  but their bodies pierced in often unmentionable places!

I had a quick look on the web and found over 200,000 mentions of Sarah Coventry.
Now this costume jewellery is called vintage and very collectible.





No comments: