WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Sunday 8 August 2010

Growing up

How we all long to grow up.....

Little girls teeter about in high heel shoes, at least mine did. We had a Dressing Up chest and in Charity shops I found party dresses and frillies and hats to fill it.  I wish I had taken more pictures of her in those beautiful creations!

Little boys dress as cowboys and such. I do have a pic of my son complete with his 'Winchester'.
Modern children still like to dress up...my great grandson dresses as a Pirate or sometimes as a Power Ranger, whatever that is. I don't think ready made costumes are half as much fun as we had making do however.

And do you remember the chairs and boxes on the floor that turned into a motor car? Or the wet days that turned tables into tents with long tablecloths draped over them?

And time passes and things change. Oh how they change!

I guess at 74 I should be all ''growed up'' now. I have all the aches and pains and complaints that some of us are blessed with but in my heart I don't think I shall ever grow up.
God Bless our Inner Child!

Big Hugs from me to you.  xx

3 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

how true! thanks for sharing these lovely thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Growing up is OVER-RATED. Our hearts are who we are....not our bodies.
Peace to you, my young friend.
Jan

Marfi-topia said...

I love this post!I have a three year old that loves to play dress up too.we go to the thrift stores and get her frilly little frocks to layer on.And I love to make forts and tents, now i have her as an excuse to make them,haha!
what Gorgeous art you have created.
have a beautiful day.