WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Saturday 9 April 2011

My Poppies..

This a painting on porcelain I did many years ago. It hangs in my kitchen and always cheers me as I look at  it each day.The background in this picture is just for 'show', my kitchen walls are plain.
It has been fired many times to get the depth of colour. Red is always a funny colour for china painters. If you fire too high it sometimes comes out brown! (Ask me how I know that!!)

My Sally has just been to have a coffee with me before starting her work. Today is my beautiful Granddaughter Rebecca's 30th. Birthday. Speaking to her on the phone this morning and the gorgeous sunshine has lifted my spirits and I'm feeling much better, though still very painful.
She is having a party tonight and I shall be taking myself. Freddie is so disappointed to miss it. He thought he would be home by now...
I still haven't decided what to wear, or what to put on my painful toes!
So I shall put on some glad rags, apply the old Polyfilla and paint, wear the crown jewels and take off.
I shall see lots of people I know which will be nice for me and I'll probably stay until the disco gets so loud I can't stand it any longer!
tell you all about it tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Hugs
June xxx





6 comments:

Villiviini said...

How lovely painting! have a nice weekend.Villiviini (= Wild wine)

Carolyn said...

So talented you are. Your poppy painting is gorgeous.

Hope you had a fun time at the disco and birthday celebration for your granddaughter. They are our so special and I'm happy you were able to attend.

Bill said...

What a gorgeous painting! I have always loved poppies. Their color is definitely cheerful, and when there is a huge grouping of them, it just makes you smile.

Well, have a great time at the party! Just don't eat too much cake. :O)

Netty said...

wow its gorgeous. Have a great time tonight June. Annette x

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Sounds lovely June. Big hug from me. CM xx

irinasztukowski said...

Those Poppies are GORGEOUS June! Ah so so so lovely!
Thank you,
Irina