WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Falling..

This is my challenge No.93 Falling.
As you can see, this poor fellow has fallen from his super powered
bicycle. I had fun making this Steampunk collage.

Adding to yesterday's Home Help memories, I went to an elderly lady as a Holiday Relief. She wanted some shopping done and gave me a list. Up until then I don't think I had ever met anyone so cantankerous, fussy and downright unloveable!
I walked to the shop, not far and while there, we had a sudden cloudburst and the main road I had to cross was totally flooded. I had to wade through knee deep water and I was totally soaked, my hair dripping, in fact everything dripping. When I got back, I stood dripping onto a sheet of newspaper she had lain on the floor and I asked if she'd mind signing my chit so I could leave off early to go home and change my clothes, and I would make up the 10 minutes left next time I came.
No....she wanted me to cut her hair.
So there I stood, dripping onto more newspaper as I cut her hair....
I still had to go home on my bicycle and change, even my underwear was wet! I was 10 minutes late getting to the next client, who didn't mind at all!
Yes, she was definitely unloveable, and has always stuck in my mind.

Hugs
June xxx

9 comments:

Femmy said...

what a fabulous and fun steampunk piece June!!

deb said...

cool steampunk! and I love the stories! What an awful old bat she was!

Patti said...

I definitely don't want to be remembered as cantakerous and unloveable...too bad for her that she didn't try harder to be more loving and kind. If only she had known how she would be remembered years later.

I'm loving these stories, June.

Have a wonderful day...praying for you and Freddie right now.

Love,
Patti

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

I LOVE this, June! Great design and sense of movement.
hugs
Sherry

Bill said...

That's exactly why I don't get on bicycles anymore! Great collage! Oh. I hope you cut a big chunk out on the back of that old biddie's head!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, June, what a story!!! She sounded so mean! I sure hope you had a Happy Easter--and I hope that Freddie is doing better every day!!!!
Sending love & hugs,
Cindy

K J D said...

What a fun piece.... i love the bird in the right hand corner!

Hope you had a lovely Easter.

Karenx

indybev said...

What a great steampunk interpretation of the challenge! Lots to see in all the small details, June. Good work!

Also enjoyed the Home Help memory story!

pchickki said...

You are really getting the knack of Steam Punk June.
My applause on this piece :)