WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Three Muses Challenge

The Challenge this week for Three Muses is to make a piece of mail art.
I have decorated lots of envelopes over the years and it's quite fun to do.
There are some wonderful envelopes entered this week.

I have noticed on the comments some people wondered how to do this.
I don't make an envelope. I choose the size of the envelope I am sending a card in.
Make my picture to that size, print it out and stick it on the envelope. Simple.
Once your card is in and the envelope sealed, you can decorate the back the same way.
This is just my way, I'm sure there are many other others.

16 comments:

Hermine said...

Great mailart envelope

Ozstuff said...

First of all, June, you may have noticed I have been otherwise involved recently with family matters and illnesses that have kept me busy. I am looking forward to things settling down and when I can get back into challenges again.
Your art envelope is gorgeous but, having sampled your envelopes, I knew it would be. You really do have the artist's eye for a creative and beautiful design. Thanks so much for being part of the Muses challenge each week. Cheers from Marie.

Ellen said...

this is adorable , love the lettered background and that clown

Taluula said...

Oh joy, oh joy, that is exactly what I do too. This is gorgeous June and should you ever fancy a swap in the future, well I would too. Bravo.

Patti said...

That is a beautiful envelope. Really, envelopes like that make the postal carrier's job a bit more fun....and who wouldn't want to receive a card in such a beautifully decorated envelope?!

Thanks for the tip on how to do it. however, I don't have a color printer, so I don't guess it would work for me.

Have a lovely day.

Hugs,
Patti

Yvonne said...

Oh, June, this is gorgeous! I love it.

Junibears said...

Patti I should have included those without printers. You take a piece of paper the same size as your envelope, and then can paint, stamp, draw, what have you. Unfortunately you won't be able to stick on any fancy doo-dads as they would probably get lost in the mail.Stick it on the envelope
and Voila!
Hugs
June xx

Faye said...

June, your envelope is fantastic. I love the colorful images. Thanks for sharing how you do your envelopes. I have done a few both ways, either creating an envelope to fit my card or decorating a bought envelope.

indybev said...

Thank you, June, for sharing your process of creation for this beautiful envelope. I've made envelopes all ways -- cutting down a manilla folder to 8.5 x 11 and printing directly on it, folding and zig-zagging closed; printing and gluing to a standard envelope, and adding extra touches with markers, etc. Such fun. Thanks again for sharing your talent!

Eila A said...

June, your envelope is really lovely, full of joy!

K J D said...

Your envelope is beautiful....

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful, love your little character and wonderful composition and colouring!

Netty said...

What a terrific way of doing them, now why didn't I think of that........dumb thats what.... I love your envelope. x

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Jester said...

This is so cute, June, and I love the address you have put on it!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic vintage design! I love this!