WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tales of the Sea..

The old man and his grandson extracted from a painting by
John George Brown.
I absolutely loved this painting.
It reminded me so much of my  own  beloved grandfather and how I used
to spend hours with him as a child, and as an adult, listening to his stories and his songs.
If I fell and grazed my knees, he was the only one allowed to
bathe and bandage my childish wounds.
He too had spent many years at sea and was a skilled engineer.
I mentioned a little time ago how I still have the key to the house
where I was born that he made from brass.
Never a day goes by without a thought of him
and I was so blessed to have him in my life.


Here he is with my son 44 years ago
Photos I treasure...


 



2 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, June, I love these pictures, and I love your memories of your grandfather. It's wonderful to have had such a special grandfather, isn't it? SUCH a blessing.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Patti

Bill said...

I wish I had known my maternal grandfather for a much longer time. He died when I was around five or six. All I remember about him was the beautiful terraced garden he created that was full of cascading roses. I have always loved roses, and I know that was his gift to me.