WELCOME

WELCOME

Thank you dear friends and followers for your visits, for your love and prayers for both myself and Freddie.
I really appreciate you taking the time to call in, view my artwork and leave such wonderful comments.
Sending you all love, hugs and blessings,

June xxx

Thursday 21 February 2013

Reminiscing...

I thought I'd do a little reminiscing today.....I've always loved jewellery and I  guess most of you have one or three favourite pieces and I must admit to having a passion for rings, so I have  quite a collection.
 
Years ago, almost Once upon a Time, I had a great passion for earrings. There was a shop down the bottom of Regent Road in Yarmouth I used to visit regularly. They had lovely costume jewellery and every couple of weeks or so I'd be able to afford another pair of earrings, at three shillings and sixpence a go!  The quality of these particular earrings was so good I still have several pairs, that look in mint condition. My favourites were the little gold hearts pierced with an arrow and they still fetch comments today. Since then I have had my ears pierced and have some respectable gold and pearl pieces.
 
A few weeks ago I found Etsy, that many of you know and while browsing I looked for vintage signed earrings. VOILA! I was in heaven, back to my teens, finding some beauties from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Temptation got the better of me and over a few weeks I have bought some.
 
 
Top left are gold toned metal flowers made by Giovanni. Bottom left lovely rope clusters from Napier.
Bottom right are not signed but have pretty pink stones in a gold leaf shaped setting.
But the pearl buttons are a sheer delight. These are Crown Trifari, and just look how the pearl has been taken around the back. Beautiful work. Considering the age of these (40 years!) I think they are special.
The costume jewellery made then was really made to last. So I hope I haven't made you jealous of my finds. If you have any stories about your old costume jewellery I'd really love to hear them.
 
                                                     So until then, lots of love and hugs,
                                                                           June xxxx
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such lovely shapes, those earrings... You have bought some really nice ones June, enjoy wearing them! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Jane said...

Stunning earrings June, I specially like the two top ones , but unfortunately due to an operation I had one year ago I can't wear earrings as the sensibility on my left ear is gone . And it really irritates my ear to wear the clips as I have no holes in my ears. I have a huge collection though and hope to one day be able to wear them again, otherwise I might put them on sale on Etsy :-)))

Sophie said...

Traumhaft, Juni... :-)

ich liebe auch all diese schönen Dinge.
Und ich habe noch vieles aus meiner Jugendzeit aufbewahrt.

Liebe Grüße xx